Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fertile Ground.....

So, lots of people have what they call their "signature dish". I really didn't think I did, but last night I realized otherwise. Our Sunday School class at church has been jokingly referred to as "fertile ground". There never seems to be a shortage of babies and we keep the nursery thriving...we like to call it, building the church of tomorrow. But I digress, back to the signature dish. So whenever a class member welcomes a new baby, we take turns and deliver meals for the first few weeks. Last night as I was talking to a friend, she told me she would like the recipe I brought her when she had her daughter and that she had contemplated having another baby just so she could have it again ! Wow, I never knew my chicken spaghetti had that kind of effect on people! Coincidentally, I had already planned to make the exact same dish for yet another family today so decided I would share as it seems to have become my signature dish, at least if you're having a baby. So before anyone does anything "drastic", here my friends is the "famous" chicken spaghetti. Enjoy !

CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
1/2 pkg cooked spaghetti
1/2 lb Velveta 2% cheese
1 small can sliced mushrooms (drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
1/2 green pepper diced fine
3-4 baby carrots diced fine
1/2 small can pimento
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 chicken breast, cooked and chopped.


Mix all well, put in a 9 x 13 greased casserole dish and bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. I like to put a little extra melted Velveta on top and cover the casserole with foil while baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment