Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Can I have seconds please?"





Ahhh, the 5 little words I long to hear at my dinner table which to me equates a successful recipe. Guess what, I actually heard that tonight !! From the hubster no less ! Now, I must fully disclose that there was more to this conversation, and it went a little something like this....
Me= "So what do you think?"
Hub= "I think that if you would have just wrapped it up like a burrito we could have eaten 30 minutes ago."
Me= "Alrighty then."
Hub= "Can I have some more?"

SWEET victory. Hey, I take it as I can get it !

DEEP DISH ENCHILADA PIZZA

1/2 lb ground beef
onion powder to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 pkg taco seasoning
refried beans
2 flour tortillas
1/4 cup salsa
shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a glass pie plate with cooking spray. Cook beef, onion powder, and garlic together. Drain well and mix in taco seasoning. Lay one tortilla in the pie plate and cover with a layer of refried beans. Spread the beef mixture on top and cover with the second tortilla. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread salsa on top of tortilla and then cheese. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more until cheese is melted. Let rest a few minutes before cutting and top with desired toppings such as tomato, sour cream, jalapeno peppers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment