Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not a Winner Chicken Dinner


I almost didn't post this next recipe. I would rate it just as "okay". The remaining 3 Perry's hope to never see this dish again ! I think it has potential and would just need a little tweaking to be really good. It was EXTREMELY simple and I love the idea of a complete meal in a crock pot. So, let me know if you decide to roll the dice and take your chances. Who knows? Maybe your family will take a bite and say "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner"!

CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CARROTS AND POTATOES

1 medium onion (of course I didn't use a real onion, just a few dashes of onion powder)
4 medium size new potatoes
1 to 2 cups of baby carrots
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp minced garlic (I only dared to use 1/2 tsp with my family)
1/2 tsp dried thyme (this is where I would play around with different spices)
1 1/4 tsp salt divided
1/2 tsp pepper, divided
1 tsp paprika (which caused quite the alarm to my family seeing chicken with red sprinkles !!)
6 chicken thighs (I used skinless, boneless)

Cut onion and potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Toss in a lightly greased crockpot along with baby carrots.

Combine the broth, next 3 ingrediants, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Pour over veggies.

Combine paprika and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Rub over chicken and arrange chicken on top of veggies.

Cover and cook on love for 6 hours or until chicken is done and veggies are tender.

1 comment:

  1. I might have to try this and play around with the spices. I'll let ya know how it goes! We eat lots of chicken around here.

    ReplyDelete