Saturday, March 10, 2012

When Pigs Fly....



Porkchops....I think you either like em or you don't. I would normally fall into the latter category. Not my favorite piece of protein. HOWEVER, my friend Stacy kept raving and raving about this next recipe and I must admit, it is heavenly...yes I said HEAVENLY ! Picture yourself exerting very little effort and then at the end of a long stressful day at work, you open your slow cooker and find precious perfectly cooked tender piggies smiling back at you, smothered in their own gravy, just waiting to be paired with mashed potatoes. Oh ya, it's that good ! Hubby and I ate the leftovers today for lunch and I do believe I heard angels singing as we took our first bite once again.

Now as a side note, you'll notice in one of the pictures how sneaky I have to be when cooking for my picky perry's. This is normal protocol for me and I don't even think a thing of it, but for some reason, it just struck me as funny and I decided to catch myself in the act for your viewing pleasure. If anything resembles an onion in any shape or form, there will be mutany ! Therefore, the only way I altered this recipe was to "strain" out the little dried onion pieces from the dried onion soup mix. Welcome to my world. :)

SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY

4 whole thick cut bone in pork chops
1 envelope dry onion soup mix (or beefy onion as I used)
1 envelope dry pork gravy mix
1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
1 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup

Place pork chops in slow cooker. Mix all other ingrediants in a bowl and pour into the slow cooker with the chops. Cook on low 6-8 hours until they are very tender. If they are not falling part, cook for another 30 minutes. ENJOY !

-recipe shared by permission of Susan Keirn

No comments:

Post a Comment