Thursday, February 23, 2012

Perfect Pot Roast


Pot roast is one of those classic comfort foods that I love for many reasons, one of them being the ease of cooking it. My method is cooking it in the crock pot so for those really busy days, this is one of my favorite go to meals.

Ready, set, get cooking !

I buy a chuck roast and put it in a crock pot along with one can of stewed tomatoes. Cook this on high for 4 hours, then reduce setting to low and cook an additional 4 hours. That's IT ! It comes out so moist and delicious every time. If you'd like to add carrots or potatoes, you can add those in during the last 2 hours of cook time. I am going to include my brown gravy recipe because it is to LIVE for ! (I don't like the alternative saying so hopefully you get what I'm saying here)...It's good I tell you !

NO FAIL BROWN GRAVY

melt 3 TB butter in a saucepan and add 3 TB flour, stirring constantly over medium heat for about 1 minute. (this will be a pasty like substance). Slowly add in 14 oz of beef broth (from the roast) + 1/2 cup milk. Stir and cook until thickened. For thicker gravy, add less liquid, etc. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment