Saturday, February 4, 2012

A thank you dish...


So, we have a dear friend at church whose job requires him to travel quite a bit. A few months ago, he was headed to Kansas City and I asked if it would be possible for him to bring me a Christmas ornament from Great Wolf Lodge because I had forgotten to purchase one before we left on our summer trip there. He indeed fulfilled my request but would not let me pay him for it. I told him I would cook him something to which he replied, "Gee, can I bring you something back from everywhere I go?" And I would be amiss if I didn't admit that I am just NOW getting around to making that payment with today's featured recipe. However, I hope that the dish's deliciousness will dissolve any interest I surely have accrued by now.
(and as a side note, I intend to sweeten the deal with some chocolate chip cookies as well)

Here it is, my thank you dish for the day: Pepperoni Pasta. The original recipe called for mushrooms, green pepper, olives, and onion which would be DELICIOUS, however not knowing his preferences AND the fact that I didn't have any of those ingrediants on hand, I made it Perry style= PLAIN JANE ! But don't be fooled, it is still just as tasty.

PEPPERONI PASTA

3 cup whole wheat noodles (any variety you like)
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (I use Prego Marinara Sauce)
1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
1/2 pkg pepperoni (can use turkey pepperoni for lower fat)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook hamburger and drain. Add the rest of the ingrediants and simmer a few minutes until well combined. Pour into a greased casserole dish and bake until hot, 10-15 minutes. Can also top with additional cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment