Monday, February 6, 2012

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I am one...



So, call me crazy (or nutty) as the case may be, but tonight I attempted an Asian dish. This Perry thought it was DElicious.... The other 3 Perry's were not as impressed. I would have to score this recipe as a 2 1/2 out of 4 Perry's approved. Hubster did not like it at all, daughter liked it minus the veggies, and 4 year old son ate it and said he liked it, however was quickly full before his barely filled plate showed any evidence it had been touched. I will probably reserve this recipe for entertaining in the future but decided to pass it along because I thought it was a great way to "sneak" some veggies in, especially since the sauce has a unique peanut butter flavor. Try it and let me know what your family thinks; or better yet, invite me over when you make it because I would LOVE to have it again soon !

NUTTY CHICKEN STIR-FRY

1 lb boneless chicken breast chopped
1 TB canola or olive oil
1 pkg frozen stir fry vegetable blend
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 TB brown sugar
4 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter

In a large skillet or wok, stir fry chicken in oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables and cook 4 minutes longer. Add garlic, stir fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp tender.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger; stir in the broth, soy sauce, peanut butter until well blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over hot cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment