Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Favorite Meal from the Grill



The Perry's like to grill in all seasons. Today we grilled one of my absolute favorites, Tropical Chicken Kabobs. This is a 4 Perry approved dinner, although I probably don't have to tell you that I'm the only one who actually eats the grilled peppers and onions. Everything else gets their approval. I serve this with brown rice that I cook in chicken stock with a little bit of finely shredded onion. You could change up the kabobs however you like. I usually do peppers, onions, pineapple, and Ekridge Smoked Sausage links. The marinade for the chicken is what makes this dish so delicious. I hope you'll try it !

TROPICAL CHICKEN KABOBS
3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
2 TB sugar
1 TB soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning

Combine all together and marinate chicken for at least 2 hours. Can separate some of the marinade and also marinate veggies and sausage for kabobs. Sprinkle all with lemon pepper when grilling.

2 comments:

  1. I failed to mention that I normally cut the chicken into cubes and also cook on skewers with the veggies and sausage. This time I just went ahead and grilled the chicken tenders whole. Both methods are equally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds delicious!!! I think we'll have to try this VERY soon! (Too bad I've already made the meal plan for the next 2 weeks!) And, FYI - you can edit your post if you go back into it and add your little comment above! ;) Thanks so much for sharing!!!! (You didn't mention this was good for us, right?!

    ReplyDelete