Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year !






Today is actually New Year's Day in China and I am very fortunate to have a niece who God blessed our family with 13+ years ago who is originally from China. My sister and brother in law often invite us all over to celebrate this Asian tradition and I wanted to share some pictures on my blog. We celebrated over the weekend with a traditionally decorated atmosphere that my sister created while her husband, mother in law, and guest, Angie Lim, cooked delicious Asian cuisine, albeit "Okie style". We were so excited to have Angie Lim, an ORU student from Singapore, with us for the evening and it was so interesting to learn more about this holiday and its traditions. She informed us that fortune cookies were an American invention and she was rather excited to partake in her very FIRST fortune cookie after our meal. All in all it was a very festive and fun evening and I'm happy to share some memorable pictures with you. As you'll see in one picture, even my son got into the action by using chopsticks...okay so he didn't use them in the traditional sense, but hey, chicken on a stick is always a big hit in his book !

No comments:

Post a Comment