Sunday, January 15, 2012

God is Good

If God is good, then what about his creation, which would include his food right ? Well... that has been a major goal in my thought process during this journey, to eat and enjoy more of HIS food. A major part of that includes fruit. I have been on diets that limit or exclude fruits for a time and don't get me wrong, the diet method works ! But for me at this time in my life, fruit is one of the sweetest things (pun INtended) that gets me through my detox from junk food. I can now enjoy fruit instead of cookies or ice cream after dinner or in the middle of the day when my brain "thinks" (again pun INtended) I need chocolate. So today, God's day, I'm sharing my go to fruit salad. I absolutely adore it and if we're keeping score, which I have so far in every other recipe,...3 out of 4 Perry's agree with me.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Fruit Salad
Chop:
Strawberries
Grapes
Apple
Stir in:
a couple of heaping spoonfuls low fat vanilla yogurt
Mix together and keep in fridge. Can also top with pecans or walnuts for crunch, and obviously the fruit choice could be altered in any way that you like best. I'm telling you, I am learning more and more that simple is often best !

3 comments: