Saturday, January 28, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake !



Okay so as you'll see in the picture, my family is getting desperate, and have resorted to filling up the entire message board usually reserved for grocery reminders with one special request...."CHOCOLATE" ! So today I thought I'd share a couple of really good sweet treats. The first recipe is for 3 2 1 cake which makes a pretty yummy single serving microwave cake. I attemped to take a picture, but my kiddos had eaten half of it before I could grab the camera ! It's best eaten warm out of the microwave and topped with a little something...we drizzled just a little bit of caramel sauce on ours last night. I also tried a pineapple variation and for that, I crushed up some pineapple chunks I had on hand and sprinkled a little brown sugar which ended up resembling a pineapple upside down cake ! YUM I have to say thank you to my mom who passed this little gem onto me. We will be trying all sorts of flavors in the future.

The second recipe is for Cappuccino Chocolate Pudding and OH MY GRAVY is it good ! Of course my family does not like coffee so darn the luck, this treat will be all mine....waaahaaahaaa (insert evil laugh here).


3 2 1 Cake
1 box angel food cake mix
1 box cake mix (any flavor you like)
Mix together and keep in an airtight bag

Mix 3 TB cake mix with 2 TB water and microwave for 1 minute. It's really that simple !


Cappuccino Chocolate Pudding

4 tsp instant coffee granules
1 TB boiling water
1 1/2 cup cold low fat milk
1 pkg sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup reduced fat whipped topping

Dissolve coffee in boiling water; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the milk, pudding mix, and cinnamon. Beat on low speed for two minutes. Let stand for two minutes or until set. Stir in coffee. Fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate and serve !

1 comment: