Friday, January 13, 2012

Who wants pizza ??



Okay so this recipe got mixed reviews but all in all I think it was great. They make FANTASTIC leftovers though and I think taste even better that way. It's almost like a....dare I say the M word..."meatloaf" type consistency...(yup you guessed it my family hates meatloaf). But you can basically top these with any sort of pizza toppings you like. Hubby requested I mix in some sausage with his hamburger patty next time, so other than that slight alteration, I will be making these again very soon ! It's a great option when you're craving pizza but want to stay away from the dough as well as save some dough....ha ha Oh I crack myself up....moving right along....






With this yummy dish, I served spicy oven baked sweet potatoes....which again, got mixed reviews because my family insists sweet potatoes are gross. I however beg to differ and really think this recipe dressed them up nicely. I even mixed in a few regular potatoes to try and decrease the amount of complaints....it was worth a shot, and I will keep persevering with my plight to popularize this delicious and healthy vegetable.






Presto Pizza Patties






2 egg whites



1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs



a couple of dashes of onion powder



a couple of dashes of garlic salt



1 lb ground beef



Pizza sauce



Pizza toppings of choice



Mozz cheese






In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, bread crumbs, seasonings, 1/3 cup pizza sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well and form into 6 patties.






In a large non-stick skillet, cook patties over medium heat on each side for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear.






Transfer patties to a baking dish and top with desired toppings and mozz cheese. Spoon a little more pizza sauce in between each patty and drizzle on top. Bake or broil in over until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted.









Chili Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges






Cut 3 peeled sweet potatoes into 8 wedges. Toss with 2 TB olive oil, 1 TB sugar, and 1 tsp chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees 20-25 or until tender turning once.






No comments:

Post a Comment